So, I'm going to be upfront with you guys about the updates this year. Towards the end of the season they will come as frequently as you're used to. However, with work and life I don't have as much time or interest in writing them every week right now.
What that means is that until the end of October or beginning of November, you won't get much on a week to week basis. I'll probably recognize a couple of things; such as bonus points, or fantasy winners. Think of it like the BCS standings. They don't come out until week 8 or something like that.
For now. Let's acknowledge a few things.
Sarcastic Well Done
1. Well done to Shawn for forgetting to make his early game college picks 2 weeks in a row. That's eeking towards John McLane territory.
2. Well done to Andrew and Jim who also forgot to make their college picks in the early games this week. I felt bad lumping you in with Shawn's awfulness, but you deserve public ridicule as well.
3. Well done to Joe for texting me the other day, asking if I didn't pick him to win Football God this year because his team was "too stacked." This was followed the next day by his team putting up a league low 74 points, scoring the least amount of points in the league by 20 points. I realize this was the first game of the season, and these sorts of games happen to every fantasy team, but the irony of the situation was too ripe for me.
Actual Well Done
1. Well done to Andrew and John, who tied for the most points in the college pick 'em in week 1. They will each receive a 5 point bonus.
2. Well done to Colin in Week 2 of the pick 'em. He had the most combined points, so he has earned a 10 point bonus.
3. Well done to Rob, Myself, Colin, Jim, and John for each winning our fantasy games this week and earning 10 points.
That's it for this week. This is what you can expect from updates for the first half of the season. Get your picks in, set your lineups, and stay classy, mother fuckers.